Find out how to toggle typed comprehension answer responses on and off for your pupils.
By default, typed comprehension answers are switched ON. This means in each comprehension there are questions where pupils type answers and you will need to check through and individually assign a score to these responses. These questions encourage deeper thinking and enable pupils to develop their personal ideas and opinions.
You can disable these questions if you do not have time to mark the responses. This removes a number of questions from your pupils’ Engage Pro activities but does fully automate activity marking.
Please note: If you do choose to switch typed answers OFF, you can still enable them for individual comprehensions by using custom lesson plans. This feature is useful if you want your pupils to only complete typed responses for certain activities.
To toggle typed responses on or off, please follow these steps:
- Log in to Engage Pro with your teacher login.
- On the Engage Pro dashboard, click the 'Class Settings' button at the bottom of the page.
- In the 'Class Settings' section, scroll down to the heading that reads 'Comprehension typed responses'.
- Toggle the switch to red to switch off typed comprehension responses for all comprehensions in the Activity Library.
- Toggle it back to green to turn typed comprehension responses back on.